Thursday, May 1, 2014

We need help!




We've been here for ten years this year and have a wonderfully growing family of AIDS children......and they continue to come.....we are up 15 children!



Our home is not completed, we have no vehicle and need a wall around our property.


PLEASE GO TO 
Haiti Comfort, INC on FACEBOOK
and "LIKE"!!!
I put entries on most days and our ministry is easiest to follow there and post. 





 Off and away! Two motos, five kids (10,6,5,3,3), two adults,and two drivers on their way to Mirabalais for hospital appointment. We live in kind of a no mans land for taptaps and you can wait on the street for hours for a truck. No, it's not safe by any stretch of the imagination, but everyone does it.












well, they went and turned around and came back......It's Haitian Labor Day! who knew? Momma's butt is sore as well.


This is what over and hour ride does to a three year old......this is ridiculous. Lovey's whipped.





APR 16..........We've been watching as mechanics come and go and our truck is not fixed from not getting it back together right. They were gonna send someone to tear out the transmission today, because they thought that it may be the problem.....all that was done was to replace a head gasket! We put a stop to the mechanic go around. Now we gotta get the dump back down in it's place and probably head for Port to find a wrecker to pull it to the Isuzu dealer IF they will work on it......so the vehicle woes continue while Momma loads 7 kids in a taptap for their doctors appt in Mirabalais.

APR 28.......
Well, the truck saga continues........finally after many mechanics they got it running only to find that it won't climb the slightest of hills! The head has been over planed and now they talking two gaskets.......can you do that? I don't know, but we're managing to see some money come together to drive this mission in a correct manner.....7000 back pay on T's retirement, 2000 from old van, 3000 donation. Only 118,000 to go! Actually less, cause we lowered our sights on a vehicle purchase by about 9K. Can't do anything, because I'm not sure what the Lord wants......we hurt in so many places. Help me pray.....

APR 30th.......
well, I've made a decision to not do anything until I have a better vision on where do go.......I have to stop spending money.....it's so tough at times here, and right now, I just feel raked over the coals......and I'm tired.
Well, it's time to protect and use what is ours. Protection is for my children. We have a very open property right now, it is tromped on, trespassed, damaged incurred and we just don't have the warm and fuzzy about it's security. To boot, haiti is We've planned this for 8 years and I did extensive take-off (estimate) on it and the price was then 22K with two gates.....One thing is that we now have a dump truck, which will keep our sand and foundation rock costs fairly cheap. Other material like cement and steel has seen at least a 40% hike in costs. I've talked to a contractor and his total price for all is over $30K (I touch nothing) I still have 10 bedrooms and a roof and gallery to add to the house......my plate is full! We are ready to expand our farming endeavors, to include chickens (we now have pigs), but can't because it will all just get stolen. People have had at a lot of my trees already. I want to expand my kids area to enclose all that we own. This is very normal here for ministries to do this here. We are used to it! We are growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment